Aspects of tautomerism. 8. Solvolysis of some pseudo and normal acid chlorides
- 15 Downloads
Pseudo acid chlorides derived from levulinic acid ando-benzoyl-benzoic acid, solvolyse in aqueous acetone, aqueous dioxane and aqueous dimethylformamide by aS Nl process. Their reaction pattern is distinct from that of typical normal acid chlorides, viz.,p-benzoylbenzoyl chloride and fluorene-9-one-1-carboxylic acid chloride, which solvolyse by aS N2 pathway. No evidence for tautomerism could be obtained either between the normal and pseudo forms of the acid chlorides or the derived ion pairs.
KeywordsTautomerism pseudo acid chloride solvolysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bhatt M V, El Ashry S H and Somayaji V Unpublished observationsGoogle Scholar
- Bhatt M V, Kamath K M and Ravindranathan M 1971J. Chem. Soc. C 1772Google Scholar
- Bhatt M V and Kamath K M 1968J. Citent. Soc. (B) 1036Google Scholar
- Bhatt M V and Rao K S R Unpublished resultsGoogle Scholar
- Bowden K and Taylor G R 1971J. Chem. Soc. (B) 1395Google Scholar
- Crunden E W and Hudson R F 1956J. Chem. Soc. p. 501.Google Scholar
- Shedlovsky T and Shedlovsky L 1971Techniques of chemistry eds A. Wcissberger and Rossitor (New York: Wiley Interscience) 4th edition1 part IIA p. 163Google Scholar
- Vogel A I 1975Practical organic chemistry (London: Longmans)Google Scholar