Types and distribution patterns of modern tidal channels along the Huanghe River Delta coast
There are three major types of tidal channels along the coast of the Huanghe (Yellow) River Delta: tidal inlets, tidal creeks, and tidal channels developed from abandoned river channels. The tidal inlets develop mainly in two areas with weak erosion and barrier islands. The tidal channels formed from abandoned river channels mainly developed in the area of the new delta lobes formed since 1934. Tidal creeks developed in the intertidal zone and distributed along almost all parts of the Huanghe River Delta coast, but their scales and features are different.
Key wordstidal channels tidal inlets tidal creeks Huanghe River Delta
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Huang Shiguang, 1993. Erosion and accumulation in the adjacent area of Taoerhe Bay, with emphasis on erosion accumulation of the Huanghe River Delta after its course shifted.Oceanol. Limnol. Sinica 24(2): 197–204. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Shao Xusheng, 1988. Genetic classification of tidal creeks and factors affecting its development.ACTA Geographica Sinica 43(1): 35–43. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Shi Jiantang, Li Xianjin, Liu Qiang, 1990. The features and evolution of the coast in Huimin, Shandong Province.Mar. Sci. Bull. 9(6): 51–56. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- The Scientific and Technical committee of Shandong Province, 1991. The report of compressive investigation in Huanghe River Mouth area. Scientific and Technical Press in China, Beijing, p. 63–86. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Yin Yanhong, Cheng Guodong, Fan Shunting et al., 1996. The characteristics of morphology and hydrodynamics of tidal channels in Huanghe River Delta.In: Research of Marine Geology and Mineral Resources, Compiled by Institute of Marine Geology, MLNR, Qingdao Ocean University Press, Qingdao, p. 156–160.Google Scholar
- Yin Yanhong, Cheng Guodong, Fan Shunting, et al., 1997. Morphology and hydrodynamics of the tidal channel near Well 101, Zhuangxi, Huanghe River Delta.Marine Sciences 5: 46–49. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Zhang Renshun, 1995. Development of tidal inlets in the mud coast along Bohai Bay.ACTA Geographica Sinica 50 (6): 506–512. (in Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar