Numerical simulation of scatterometer assimilated wind and ocean wave in eastern China seas and adjacent waters
- 38 Downloads
Using the latest version of Mesoscale Modeling System (MM5v3), we assimilated wind data from the scatterometer and built a model to assimilate the wind field over eastern China seas and adjacent waters and applied the wave model WAVEWATCH-III to test the sea area with assimilative wind and blended wind of QSCAT and NCEP as driving forces. High precision and resolution numerical wave results were obtained. Analysis indicated that if we replace the model wind result with the blended wind, better sea surface wind results and wave results could be obtained.
Key wordsscatterometer assimilation MM5 WAVEWATCH numerical simulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Tolman, H. L., 2002. User Manual and System Documentation of WAVEWATCH-III Version 2.22. Technical Note. US Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)Google Scholar
- Dudhia, J., D. Gill, Y. R. Guo and K. Manning, 2000. PSU/NCAR Mesoscale Modeling System Tutorial Class Notes and User's Guide: MM5 Modeling System Version 3.Google Scholar
- Lin, M. S., Y. Sun and S. Q. Zheng, 1997. A study on the inversion method of measuring oceanic wind vectors field with the microwave scatterometer carried by satellite.Acta Oceanologica Sinica 19(5): 35–46 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Lin, M. S., S. Q. Zheng and Y. Sun, 1996. A study on a new dealias algorithm for retrieval of oceanic wind vectors field.Journal of Oceanography In Taiwan Strait 15(3): 243–254. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Qi, Y. Q., P. C. Chu, P. Shi, Q. W. Mao and C. W. Fan, 2003. Analysis of significant wave heights from WWATCH and TOPEX/Poseidon Altimetry.Acta Oceanologica Sinica 25(4): 1–9. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Qian, Z. C., 1991. Ocean Waves and Forecasting. Meteorological Publishing Company, Beijing, China. 189p. (in Chinese)Google Scholar