Distribution of bacteria injected in body of giant black shrimp,Penaeus monodon
Distribution of injectedVibrio anguillarum in body ofPenaeus monodon was studied with immunohistochemical method. Bacteria could be detected throughout the experiment in some individuals: however in lymphoid tissue, gill, heart and haemolymph of all vibrio injected shrimp, the bacteria could be observed only 5 min after injection. The bacteria density in haemolymph, haemolymph of the hepatopancreas and gills decreased with time. In the lymphoid organ and heart, the bacteria density was the highest 48 h after injection, then decreased. Nodules could be formed in the heart, lymphoid organ and injection site.
Key wordsVibrio anguillarum Penaeus monodon lymphoid tissue haemolymph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ding, M. L., L. Lin, G. Y. Li et al., 1997. Effects of organic pollution onPeneaus chinesis body’s intraenvironment and externalenvironment.Oceanol. Limnol. Sin. 28(1): 7–12. (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Kondo, M., T. Itami, R. Takahashi et al., 1996. Ultrastuctrual and cytochemical characterization of phagocytes in kuruma,Penaeus japonicus. The second international conference on the culture of penaeid prawns and shrimps, 14–17 May 1996, Ililo City, Philippines.Google Scholar
- Liu, W. S., 1999. Haemocyte characteristic and activity of the haemotopoietic tissue in shrimp,Penaeus monodon, after lipopolysaccharide injection. MSc Thesis in Fish Culture.Google Scholar
- Smith, V. J., 1986. Cellular immune mechanisms in the crustacea.Symp. Zool. soc. Lond. 56: 59–79.Google Scholar
- Söderhäll, K., M. W. Johansson, V. J. Smith, 1988. Internal defense Mechanisms. (In: D. M. Holdich and R. S. Lowery, ed, Freshwater Crayfish: Biology, Management and Exploitation, Timber Press, Portland, Oregon: 213–235.Google Scholar
- Wang, L., G. Y. Li, Y. X. Mao, 1995. Measuring methods and variations of some haemolymph factors in Penaeus chinensis after their oral ingestion of immuno-drugs.Oceanol. Limnol. Sin. 26(1): 34–41. (in Chinese).Google Scholar