Baiyuneboite-(Ce)—A new mineral
- 28 Downloads
Baiyuneboite-(Ce) occurs in the REE-Fe-Nb ore deposits at Baiyunebo, Inner Mongolia. As a new mineral—NaBaCe2[Fl(C034], it is a Na-Ba-REE(Ce-series) fluor-carbonate. The authors have conducted extensive investigations into the basic mineralogy, mineralogical spectroscopy and X-ray crystallography of the mineral and have elaborately determined its chemical composition. Numerous data on mineralogical experiments and fundamental parameters with respect to its crystal structure have been obtained. X-ray structural analyses were elaborated. In addition, high-resolution electron microscopic studies were performed and its structural image was photographed in order to validate the results of X-ray structural analyses. The experimental data available in conjunction with the comparison between baiyuneboite-(Ce) and its analogues are sufficiently sensitive to show that baiyuneboite-(Ce) is a new mineral.
KeywordsPosition Symmetry Conchoidal Fracture Compatibility Factor Canadian Mineralogist Endothermic Valley
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Mandarino, J.A.,Canadian Mineralogist, 17, 1(1979), 71–76.Google Scholar
- Mandarino, J.A.,Canadian Mineralogist, 14, 4(1976), 498–502.Google Scholar
- Fu Pingqiu et al.,Acta Mineralogica Sinica, 7, 4(1987), 298–304 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Liu Wei et al.,Acta Mineralogica Sinica, 7, 4(1987), 305–306 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Flink, G.,Meddel.Øm GrØnland, 24(1901), 42–49.Google Scholar
- Chen, T.T. and G.Y. Chao,Canadian Mineralogist, 13, 1(1975), 93–94.Google Scholar