34C1 Zeeman quadrupole spectra in CoHgCl4 4H2O
- 11 Downloads
A new35Cl nuclear quadrupole resonance was reported at room temperature for the first time in CoHgCl4.4H2O at 20.583 MHz. The results of the Zeeman effect revealed that the principal Z-direction is parallel tob axis and the value of the asymmetry parameter η is 0.042. The estimated covalency is found. to be 0.38.35Cl resonance was also observed at room temperature in deuterated crystal CoHgCl4.4D2O at 20.598 MHz. No new results were observed from the Zeeman effect studies in this crystal. The line widths, substitutional effects and covalency of the bond are also discussed.
KeywordsNuclear quadrupole resonance Zeeman effect asymmetry parameter deuterated crystal covalency
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bucci P and Cecchi P 1964Ric. Sci. 34 543Google Scholar
- Damm K and Weiss A 1955Z. Naturf. B10 535Google Scholar
- Das T P and Hahn E L 1958Nuclear quadrupole resonance spectroscopy, Solid State Physics: Suppl. 1Google Scholar
- Linke W F 1958Solubilities: Inorganic and metal organic compounds (New Jersey: D. Van Nostrand Co.) Vol. 1Google Scholar
- Pies W and Weiss A 1974Advances in nuclear quadrupole resonance (London: Heyden) Vol. 1Google Scholar
- Ramakrishnan L, Soundararajan S, Sastry V S S and Ramakrishna J 1975Proc. Nucl. Phys. Solid State Phys. C18 474Google Scholar
- Scaife D E 1971Aust. J. Chem. 24 1753Google Scholar