Manganese (II) complexes of some nitrogen-oxygen and nitrogen-sulphur donor ligands
Manganese(II) complexes of the general composition, Mn(L)2X2 (X = Cl or 1/2 SO4,L = semicarbazones and thiosemicarbazones of acetone, ethyl methyl ketone and 2-methyl cyclohexanone) have been prepared and characterised by elemental analysis, magnetic moments, conductance measurements, IR, electronic and ESR spectral studies. All the complexes are six-coordinate octahedral.
KeywordsThiosemicarbazone complexes manganese(II) six co-ordinate octahedral donor ligands
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Campbell M J, Grazeskowiak R and Thomas R 1976Spectrochim. Acta A32 556Google Scholar
- Chandra S, Pandeya K B, Sindhwani S K and Singh R P 1980Gazz. Chim. Italia 110 207Google Scholar
- Dyer J R 1974Application of absorption spectroscopy of organic compounds (New Delhi: Prentice Hall) p. 40Google Scholar
- Gerzy W G 1971Coord. Chem. Rev. 8 81Google Scholar
- McGravely B R 1966Transition metal chemistry Vol 3 (ed.) R L Carlin (New York: Marcell Dekker) p. 169Google Scholar
- Pradhan B R and Raman D V J 1974J. Indian Chem. Soc. 54 136Google Scholar
- Reed G and Cohn M 1970J. Biol. Chem. 255 662Google Scholar
- Wiles D M, Gingras B A and Suprunchuk T 1967Can. J. Chem. 45 471Google Scholar