Short circuit current limiter in as network
- 75 Downloads
Short circuit is a serious fault in power network. Some novel circuit topologies of current limiter using power electronic technology have been developed, which can limit the fault current to any desired level without much penalty. The operating principle and control strategies of such current limiters are discussed in detail. Simulation and experimental results are given to verify the performance of the current limiter, which can meet the requirements set for locations of bus tie, feeder, as well as the main transformer in the distribution network.
Key wordsshort circuit protection current limiter solid state switchgear solid state current limiter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chen, J., Chen, Z., Lu, Q. 1994. Realization of the 1-Port Lossless Resistor and its Application. Proc. of IPEMC’94, Beijing, China, p. 239–244.Google Scholar
- Chen, P., Wu, Z., 1999. Application of singlechip microprocessor PIC16C711 to solid state switchgear with short circuit current limiting ability.Power Electronics,33 (3): 30–32 (in Chinese with English abstract).Google Scholar
- Slade, P. G., Voshall, R. E.; Porter J. et al., Utility requirements for power distribution fault current limiter. Solution Using GTO Thyristors.IEEE Trans. on PD.7 (2): 507–515.Google Scholar
- Smith, R. K., Slade, P. G., Sarkozi M., et al., 1993. Solid state distribution current limiter and circuit breaker application requirements and control strategies.IEEE Trans. On PD. 8(2): 1155–1162.Google Scholar
- Wu, Z. 1996. A type of short circuit protection circuit. Patent (China) No. 96123001.0.Google Scholar
- Wu, Z. L., Sheng, Q., Chen, P., 1999. Solid state switchgear with short circuit current limiting. Journal of Zhejiang Univ.334: 349–353 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Wu, Z., Xu, X., 1996. A type of DC circuit protection circuit. Patent (China) No. 96111129. 1.Google Scholar
- Xu, X., 1997. Solid State High Frequency Induction Heating Technologies, Doctoral Dissertation, E. E. Dept. of Zhejiang Univ., China.Google Scholar