Excess enthalpies for mixtures of cyclohexanone with isomeric propanols and butanols at 298.15 K
- 16 Downloads
Excess enthalpies (H E ) for mixtures of cyclohexanone with propan-1-ol. propan-2-ol, butan-1-ol, butan-2-ol and 2-methyl propan-1-ol at 298.15 K have been measured over the entire composition range. All mixed endothermically with the maximum values ofH E occurring at equimole fraction. Comments about the molecular interactions contributing to the excess enthalpies of a cyclic ketone + an alcohol are made on the basis of these results.
KeywordsCalorimeter excess enthalpy cyclohexanone propanol butanol hydrogen bonding
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Rao M V P and Naidu P R 1976J. Chem. Thermodyn. 8 96Google Scholar
- Riddick J A and Bunger W B 1970Organic solvents 3rd edn. (New York: Interscience) vol. 2Google Scholar
- Shanmugasundaram V and Mohan R 1983J. Indian Chem. Soc. 60 298Google Scholar
- Timmermans J 1965Physico-chemical constants of pure organic compounds (Amsterdam: Elsevier) vol. 1Google Scholar
- Waclawck Witold 1978Bull. Acad. Pol. Sci., Ser. Sci. Chim. 26 135Google Scholar