Ruthenium(III) catalyzed oxidation of 1-phenylethanol and substituted 1-phenylethanols by phenyliodosoacetate
- 24 Downloads
Ruthenium(III) catalysed oxidation of 1-phenylethanol and substituted 1-phenylethanols by phenyliodosoacetate (pia) in acetic acid is studied and a probable mechanism suggested. The proposed mechanism involves the formation of a complex of Ru(III) and (pia) which reacts with the substrate, S, in a slow step. Spectrophotometric evidence for this complex is presented. Studies on the effect of substituents suggest a transition state involving a π-complex.
KeywordsOxidation 1-phenylethanol Ru(III) catalyst phenyliodosoacetate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cotton F A and Wilkinson G 1972Advanced inorganic chemistry 3rd ed. (New Delhi: Wiley Eastern)Google Scholar
- Hallmann P S, McGarvey B R and Wilkinson G 1968J. Chem. Soc. A 3143Google Scholar
- Horiuchi Y and Ichiyyo O 1970Chem. Abstr. 50624Google Scholar
- Orton K J P and Bradfield A B 1950J. Chem. Soc. 1383Google Scholar
- Pati S C and Dev B R 1982 Rev.Roum. Chem. 27 523Google Scholar
- Radhakrishnamurti P S and Panda H P 1979Gazz. Chim. Ital. 109 637Google Scholar