Silver and sulfosalt minerals in tungsten deposits, South China
- 52 Downloads
Silver occurs in South China wolframite-quartz veins in three forms: (1) as micro inclusions of Ag2S and AgBiS2, (2) as argentite and matildite as a result of exsolution from galena and (3) as Ag-bearing sulfosalts and independent silver minerals.
According to mineral assemblages the Ag-bearing tungsten deposits are classified as two types: (1) Ag-bearing W-Bi deposits in eastern Nanling, where gustavite has been found and (2) Ag-bearing W-Sn(Sb) deposits which are mainly distributed in western Nanling. The authors consider that the enrichment of silver and sulfosalt minerals in the lower parts of pneumato-hypothermal tungsten deposits is the result of reversed vertical zoning caused by high concentrations of F and S in the ore-forming fluids.
KeywordsPyrite Mineral Assemblage Quartz Vein Jiangxi Province Vein System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Xia Hongyuan and Liang Shuyi,Kexue Tongbao, 28, 1 (1983), 80–84.Google Scholar
- Xia Hongyuan and Liang Shuyi,Kexue Tongbao, 27, 22 (1982), 1408 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xia Hongyuan and Liang Shuyi, The Proceedings of the International Symposium, Nanjing, China, 1982, GGMR. Science Press, 1984, 651–670.Google Scholar
- Xia Hongyuan and Liang Shuyi, The Crust— The Significance of Granites-Gneisses in the Lithosphere, Theophrastus Publications S.A. Athens, 1985, 571–585.Google Scholar
- Xia Hongyuan and Liang Shuyi, Symposium on Tungsten Geology, Jiangxi, China, ESCAP RMRDC (United Nations), 1982, 451–461.Google Scholar
- Xia Hongyuan and Liang Shuyi, Treatises on Geology and Mineral Deposits in the Nanling Region. Geol. Publ. House, 1985, 137–144 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xia Hongyuan, Scientific Papers on Geology—presented to the 27th International Geol. Congress, 4, Geol. Publishing House China, 1985, 263–270 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Xia Hongyuan and Liang Shuyi,Minerals and Rocks (Special Issue), 6, 1 (1986), 118–130 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Kostov, I., Mineralogy, Edinb. and London, 1968, 153–156, 167–183.Google Scholar
- Harris, D.C. and Chen, T.T.,Canad. Mineral., 13, 4 (1975), 411–414.Google Scholar
- Ren Yingchenget al., Ore Deposits, 5, 2 (1986), 63–74 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Chang, L.L.Y., Knowles, C.R. and Chen, T.T.,Menoir Geol. Soc., China, 2 (1977), 229–237.Google Scholar
- Wang Pu, Pan Zhaolu and Weng Lingbao, Systematic Mineralogy (the upper volume), Geol. Publ. House, Beijing, 1982, 255–257, 329–333, 357–381 (in Chinese).Google Scholar
- Liu Yingjunet al., Symposium on Tungsten Geology, Jiangxi, China, ESCAP RMRDC (United Nations), 1982, 359–374.Google Scholar