Effect of Naotaifang extract on changes of coagulation in human umbilical cord vein endothelial cell and fibrinolysis function induced by recombinant human Tumor Necrosis Factor-α
- 23 Downloads
Objective: To observe the changes of coagulation and fibrinolysis function in human umbilical cord vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) induced by recombinant human tumor necrosis factor-α (rhTNF-α) and the effect of Naotaifang extract (NTE) on it.Methods: Cultured HUVEC is randomly divided into six groups: Control group, NTE control group (only 2 g/L NTE), rhTNF-α group (100 μg/ L rhTNF-α), and low-dosage, middle-dosage and high-dosage NTE group (100 μg/L rhTNF-α and 0. 67 g/L, 2 g/L, 6 g/L NTE). The coagulation activity of frozen-dissolved HUVEC, von Willebrand factor (vWF) content in the conditioned medium and tissue-type plasminogen activator (tPA) and plasminogen activator inhibitor (PAD activity were to be detected after 24 hrs.Results: Compared with the control group, PAI activity were enhanced, vWF release markedly increased in conditioned medium of TNF-α group (P < 0.01) and the frozen-dissolved HUVEC markedly shortens the rabbit plasma prothrombin time, and the above changes could be significantly inhibited by the 3 dosages of NTE (P < 0.05,P < 0. 01).Conclusion: NTE is effective in inhibiting the coagulation activity of the HUVEC non-stimulated or stimulated by rhTNF-α to enhance the vWF release, and to adjust fibrinolytic function, and mainly to inhibit the PAI activity.
Key WordsNaotaifang extract tumor necrosis factor vascular endothelial cell
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.HE YH, HAO XY, GE JW, et al. Clinical study of Naotaifang in treating Qixu Xueyu type cerebral infarction. Chin TCM Emergency 2001; 10(6): 319–321.Google Scholar
- 2.HE YH, GE JW, CHENG ZY, et al. Effect of Naotaifang on TXB2, 6-keto-PGF1α and serum TNF-α content in patients with cerebral infarction. Chin J TCM Inform 2002; 9(4): 16–17.Google Scholar
- 3.CHEN S, GE JW, DENG BX. Study of Naotaifang extract on anti-TNFα induced human HUVEC injury. Acad J Hunan College of TCM 2002; 22(4): 7–8.Google Scholar
- 5.LI ZG, WEN ZB, HAN JZ, et al. Relationship of thrombin on effect of bovine aortic endothelial tissue factor activity and PKC transmission pathway. Chin J Hematol 1999; 20(3): 130–133.Google Scholar
- 7.SHANG GP, WEN ZB, LI JC, et al. Effect of Buyang Huanwu decoction on thrombin induced VEC released NO, vWF, TFPI and expressed tissue factor. Acad J Hunan Med Univ 2000; 27(4): 315–318.Google Scholar