On Whittaker models and the vanishing of Fourier coefficients of cusp forms
- 57 Downloads
The purpose of this paper is to construct examples of automorphic cuspidal representations which possess a ψ-Whittaker model even though their ψ-Fourier coefficients vanish identically. This phenomenon was known to be impossible for the groupGL(n), but in general remained an open problem. Our examples concern the metaplectic group and rely heavily upon J L Waldspurger’s earlier analysis of cusp forms on this group.
KeywordsWhittaker models cusp forms automorphic cuspidal representations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cogdell J and Piatetski-Shapiro I, Base change for SL2,J. Number Theory (to appear)Google Scholar
- Gelbart S and Piatetski-Shapiro I, Automorphic forms and L-functions for the unitary group, in:Lie group representations II, Lecture notes in mathematics No. 1041 (Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Verlag) (1984) pp. 141–184Google Scholar
- Howe R, θ-series and invariant theory,Proc. Symp. Pure Math. No. 33, Part I (Providence, RI: Am. Math. Soc.) (1979) 275–286Google Scholar
- Jacquet H, Piatetski-Shapiro I and Shalika J, The θ-correspondence from GSp(4) to GL(4) (in preparation)Google Scholar
- Langlands R P, Base change for GL(2),Ann. Math. Stud. No. 96 (Princeton: University Press) (1980).Google Scholar
- Piatetski-Shapiro I, Euler subgroups, in:Lie groups and their representations (ed.) I M Gelfand (New York: Halsted Press) (1975)Google Scholar
- Piatetski-Shapiro I, Work of Waldspurger, in:Lie group representations II, Lecture notes in mathematics No. 1041 (Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Verlag) (1984) pp. 280–302Google Scholar
- Piatetski-Shapiro I, Multiplicity one theorems,Proc. Symp. Pure Math. No. 33, Part I (Providence, RI: Am. Math. Soc.) (1979) 209–212Google Scholar
- Waldspurger J, Correspondences de Shimura et quaternions, (preprint) (1982)Google Scholar