Free and forced convection flow in a rotating channel bounded below by a permeable bed
- 17 Downloads
The steady flow in a parallel plate channel rotating with an angular velocity Ω and bounded below by a permeable bed is analysed under the effect of buoyancy force. On the porous bed the boundary condition of Beavers and Joseph is applied and an exact solution of the governing equations is found. The solution in dimensionless form contains four parameters: The permeability parameterσ 2, the Grashof numberG, the rotation parameterK 2 and a dimensionless constantα. The effects of these parameters, specially,σ 2, G andK 2, on the slip velocities and velocity distributions are studied. For largeK 2, there arise thin boundary layers on the walls of the channel.
KeywordsFree convection forced convection permeable bed rotating channel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beaverset al 1970J. Basic Engg. ASME 92 843Google Scholar
- Brinkman H C 1947Appl. Sci. Res. A1 27Google Scholar
- Greenspan H P 1969The Theory of Rotating Fluids (Cambridge: University Press)Google Scholar
- Mohan M 1977Proc. Indian Acad. Sci. A85 383Google Scholar
- Nanda R S and Mohanty H K 1970Appl. Sci. Res. 24 65Google Scholar
- Rajasekhara B M 1972 Ph.D. Thesis Bangalore University, IndiaGoogle Scholar
- Singer R M 1966Appl. Sci. Res. B12 375Google Scholar