Towards distributed e-map service
- 36 Downloads
This paper explores a new approach towards the distributed e-map service with CORBA. The architecture of a distributed e-map service model is described. This model mainly contains a distributed map database, a database connection layer, an application service layer and a client layer. For the sake of convenient transmission of map data, a combination of CORBA and GML method is introduced. Furthermore, in order to keep the loading balance among distributed servers, object migration is implemented among servers and security is considered.
CLC numberdistributed e-map service CORBA ORB map data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Buehler K, McLee, 1998 The OpenGis Guide (3rd edn.), WayLand, Massachusetts: OpenGIS Consortium, Inc.Google Scholar
- Orfali R, Harkey D, 1998. Client/Server Programming with Java and CORBA (2nd edn.). Wiley Computer Publishing.Google Scholar
- Preston M, Clayton P, Wells G, 1999. Creating a Web-based Spatiotemporal GIS Using VRML and Java, (Unpublished) Submitted for Review to WebNet’99 Conference, Hawaii.Google Scholar
- Roussopoulos N, Leifker D, 1985. Direct spatial search on pictorial databases using packed R-trees. In: Proc. ACM SIGMOD, May, 1985Google Scholar
- Siegel J, 1996. CORBA Fundamentals and Programming. New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc.Google Scholar