Effect of Xiongshao Capsule on the function of vascular endothelium of patients with cervical atherosclerosis
Objective:To study the effect of Xiongshao Capsule (XSC), a TCM herb that can promote blood circulation to remove blood stasis, on the endothelial dependent relaxation function, serum nitric oxide (NO), and plasma endothelin-KET-1) of the patients with cervical atherosclerosis.Methods: Forty patients were randomly divided into two groups: XSC group and Probucol group (western medicine control). In addition, 20 healthy people were set as a normal control group. Plasma ET-1, serum NO, the internal diameter of basal brachial artery, endothelial dependent flow mediated dilation (FMD) and non-endothelial dependent nitroglycerin induced dilation (NID) to the trial group before and after therapy and to the healthy control group were determined respectively. Results: Compared to the healthy control group, FMD of patients with atherosclerosis was damaged obviously, the serum NO level decreased, plasma ET-1 increased (P< 0.01), NID also decreased (P<0.05), the internal diameter of basal brachial artery has no obvious difference (P>0.05). After the patients with atherosclerosis were treated with Xiongshao Capsule for 12 weeks, FMD increased evidently, plasma ET-1 decreased, serum NO and the ratio of NO/ET-1 increased, compared with the level before therapy and Probucol group, the difference was significant (P<0.05,P<0.01), NID didn’t change obviously (P>0.05).Conclusion: XSC could regulate vascular activity factor and improve the function of endothelial dependent vascular dilation of patients with atherosclerosis.
Key wordsatherosclerosis endothelial vasodilator function Xiongshao Capsule
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.Xu H, Shi DZ, Chen KJ, et al. Effect of Xiongshao Capsule on vessel remodeling of pig coronary artery after saccule was hurt. Chin J Integr Tradit West Med 2001; 21(8): 591–599.Google Scholar
- 7.Li Liang, Zhao Shuiping, Li Xiangping, et al, Non-invasive detection of endothelial dysfunction in patients with essential hypertension. Int J Cardiol 1997; 16(2): 165–169.Google Scholar
- 8.Liang RX, Huang LQ, Liu JF, et al. Experimental observation of Chuanxiong and Chishao on reducing blood lipoid of hyperglycemia rats, anti-oxidation and vascular endothelium function. Chin J Exper Trad Med Form 2002;8(1): 43–45.Google Scholar
- 9.Wang X, Han GQ, Li RZ, et al. Screening and research of modern bio-analysis on common Chinese Medicine. J Beijing Med Univ 1986; 18(1): 31–35.Google Scholar
- 10.Zhou SC, Zheng ZS. Early examination and treatment to dependent dysfunction of vascular endothelium. South China J Cardiovasc Dis 1998;4(1): 62–64.Google Scholar