Comparative study on the efficacy of Yiweining and gestrinone for post-operational treatment of stage III endometriosis
Objective: To observe the clinical efficacy and safety of Yiweining, (YWN) and gestrinone (GT) in treating post-operational patients of stage III endometriosis (EM-III).Methods: Fifty-two patients of EM-III after operation were randomly assigned into three groups, the YWN group (20 patients) was treated through oral intake of YWN 200 ml, twice a day;the GT group (19 patients) treated with gestrinone 2.5 mg, twice every week, with the medication starting from the 7th post-operational day and lasting for 6 months. The control group (13 patients) was untreated. Six months was one therapeutic course, and follow-up study was carried out in the 6 –30 months after the end of the medication.Results: The recurrence rate in the YWN group and the GT group were 5.0% and 5.3% respectively, showing insignificant difference between the two groups, but they were lower than that in the control group (30.7%,P < 0.05). Besides, the adverse reaction rate in the YWN group was lower than that in the GT group (10.0% vs 31.6%,P < 0.05).Conclusion: Application of YWN to prevent the post-operational recurrence of endometriosis is effective and safe, and its efficacy is similar to that of GT.
Key Wordsendometriosis after operation Yiweining gestrinone
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.American Fertility Society. Revised American fertility society classification of endometriosis: 1985. Fertil Steril 1985; 43(3): 351–352.Google Scholar
- 2.Shu J, Fang SH, Sheng LF, et al. Clinical observation on the effects of mifepristone and gestrinone treatment for postoperative patients with severe pelvic endometriosis. Chin J Pract Gynecol Obstet 2002;18(3): 181–183.Google Scholar
- 4.Cao YZ, editor. Chinese obstetrics and gynecology. Beijing: People’s Medical Publishing House, 1999: 1291Google Scholar
- 5.Situ Y, Yang JL. Special edition of gynecopathy. Clinical diagnosis and therapy series of traditional Chinese medicine. 2nd ed. Beijing: People’s Medical Publishing House, 2005: 635.Google Scholar
- 6.Xu BS, Cai YP, Li Y, et al. Expression of Bcl-2 in eutopic and ectopic endometrium of EMT model rats treated with traditional Chinese medicine. Chin J Histochem Cytochem 2004;13(4): 489–493.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu XH, Huang GY, Lu FE, et al. Effect of promote-bloodflow decoction on proliferation of ectopic endometrim cells in an endometriosis rat model. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technol (Health Sci) 2006;35(1): 93–95.Google Scholar