- 78 Downloads
In this article we have seen how the principles of quantum physics can be exploited in making a computational device. However, we still haven’t seen the kind of algorithms a quantum computer would use and how they would be different from traditional algorithms. We will look at these issues in the next part of this article, with the help of Shor’s famous factorization algorithm. We will also briefly mention some practical issues and the progress achieved so far.
KeywordsEntangle State Quantum Computer Quantum Gate Toffoli Gate Hadamard Gate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S Lloyd,Scientific American, Oct 1995.Google Scholar
- N Gershenfeld and I L Chuang,Scientific American, Jun 1998.Google Scholar
- D P Divincenzo,Science, Vol. 270. Oct 13, 1995.Google Scholar
- Online resources at http://www.qubit.org/Google Scholar
- Online resources at http://xxx.lanl.gov/archive/quant-ph/Google Scholar