Clinical study on effect of osteoking in preventing postoperational deep venous thrombosis in patients with intertrochanteric fracture
Objective: To evaluate the effect of Osteoking in preventing postoperational deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in patients with intertrochanteric fracture (ITF).Methods: With prospective and randomized controlled clinical design adopted, 62 patients with ITF after operation were assigned into 2 groups, the tested group and the control group, Osteoking (25 ml every other day) and Sanchidansheng tablets, 3 tablets thrice a day) were given orally to them respectively for 10 days. Difference of round length of thighs and shanks between two sides were measured on the 10th day and Doppler ultrasonic examination on the fractured leg was carried out.Results: The occurrence rate of DVT in the tested goup was 9. 4%, which was lower than that in the control group (30. 0%,P<0. 05). All the difference of round lengths, either that of the thigh or the shank, was less in the tested group than that in the control group, showing statistical significance (P<0.05).Conclusion: Osteoking has a satisfactory effect in preventing postoperational DVT in patients with ITF.
Key Wordsdeep venous thrombosis Osteoking therapeutic efficacy analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Evans EM. Treatment of trochenteric fracture of the femur. J Bone Joint Surg(Br) 1949; 31: 190.Google Scholar
- 2.He W. The ultrasonographic test for detecting the formation of low limb deep venous thrombosis. Natl Med J Chin 2003; 83(7): 615–616.Google Scholar
- 9.Huo QP. Treatment of deep venous thrombosis of lower limb by Chinese drugs for resolving blood stasis and dredging vessels combined with anticoagulant and thrombolysis agents. Shanghai J Tradit Chin Med 2001; 35(2): 36–37.Google Scholar
- 10.Hu M, Zhao HB, Wang B, et al. Clinical observation on healing promotion effect of Henggu Union Agent on post-operational patients of Gosselin’s fracture. Chin J Integr Tradit West Med 2005; 5(2): 160–161.Google Scholar
- 11.Liu JG, Shi DZ. Study of Chinese herbal drugs for activating blood circulation to remove stasis in affecting hemorheologic characteristics. Chin J Hemorrheol 2004; 14(1): 133–137.Google Scholar
- 12.Xu J, Wang J, Wen LJ. Status of research on Panax Notoginsenosides in intervening thrombosis. Yunnan J Tradit Chin Med Materia Medica 2003; 24(5): 46–47.Google Scholar