Study on the therapeutic mechanism of the active principle of the Chinese drug Paeoniae Radix 801 through affinity biosensors IAsys Plus quartz crystal microbalance
- 29 Downloads
Objective: To study the targeted point and mechanism of the function of the blood-activating and stasis-removing Chinese drugs, Paeoniae Radix 801(PR801) in its cardiovascular protective effects and its specific binding with endothelin 1(ET-1) as well as the dynamics of the two’s interactive function by means of using affinity biosensors: IAsys Plus and quartz crystal microbalance (IAQCM).Methods: ET-1 was immobilized on the surfaces of IAQCM by using the new surface modification methods. The PR801 in the solution was detected by modified substrates and the specific binding between PR801 and ET-1 was studied.Results: The curves went up or down after adding PR801. There is specific binding between PR801 and ET-1. The bound mass were 0.458 ng/mm2 and 133. 54 ng/cm2, respectively. There exists relatively good stability with these two methods.Conclusion: The affinity biosensors: IAQCM can be used to study the interaction mechanism between PR801 and ET-1, providing a new way to study the interaction mechanism of TCM. PR801 can bind ET-1 specifically in the experiments. Therefore, ET-1 is another target that PR801 can bind specifically besides thromboxane A2.
Key Wordsactivating blood circulation to remove stasis Paeoniae Radix 801 endothelin-1 affinity biosensors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Liu XL, Tang R, Zhang FH. Clinical observations and nursing of PR801 parenteral solution on treatment for ischemic cardio-cerebral vascular diseases. Heilongjiang Med J 2000;24(7): 55.Google Scholar
- 2.Liu Z, Zhang GS. Curative effect observations on thrombotic deep phlebitis by PR801. Chin Country Med J 1994;22(4): 50.Google Scholar
- 3.Chen F. Observation of compatibility of PR801 with 4 transfusions. J Chin Physician 2002;5(2): 89.Google Scholar
- 4.Wang YG, Chen YL, Wang SF, et al. Curative effect observations of Paeoniae Radix 801 on thrombus deep phlebitis PR801. Renshen Yanjiu 2001;13(3): 45.Google Scholar
- 5.Zuo XL, Zhuang HY. Clinical observation of propyl gallate in treating coronary arteriosclerotic cardiopathy angina pectoris. Acad J Qiqihar Med Coll 2002;23(1): 37.Google Scholar
- 6.He HJ, Fu J, Fu J, et al. Experimental study of effects of removing stasis on the level of endothelin in blood stasis syndrome. J Tanjin Coll TCM 2000;19(1): 42–45.Google Scholar
- 7.Yuan L, Miao ZZ, Zhao P, et al. Effects of Puerarin on blood ET-1, SOD, MDA in the patients with stroke or hypertension. Modern J Integr Tradit West Med 2000;9(22): 2197–2199.Google Scholar
- 8.Zou Q, Wang CG, Qiu YZ, et al. Clinical observations on treatment for acute paroxysm phase of chronic cor pulmonale with integrated traditional Chinese and western medicine. Practical Clin Emergency J Integr Trad Chin West Med 1999;6(3): 126–128.Google Scholar
- 11.C KöB linger, E Uttenthaler, S Drost, et al. Comparison of the QCM and the SPR method for surface studies and immunological applications. Sens Actuators B 1995; (25): 107.Google Scholar