The non-destructive evaluation of surface coatings by photothermal imaging
- 11 Downloads
A method for the NDE of thermal spray coatings by photothermal imaging is described. The principles of thermal wave interferometry are discussed in relation to spray coatings and it is shown how these can be applied to the detection of adhesion defects and coating thickness measurements. Examples of adhesion defects and thickness measurements in refractory and wear resistant coatings are given.
KeywordsPhase Angle Coating Thickness Spray Coating Thermal Wave Thermal Spray Coating
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. L. Cox, D. P. Almond, and H. Reiter:Proceedings 9th International Thermal Spraying Conference, The Hague 1980, pp. 133–138.Google Scholar
- 2.H. D. Steffens and H.A. Crostak:Proceedings 9th International Thermal Spraying Conference, The Hague 1980, pp. 120–129.Google Scholar
- 3.D. P. Almond, M. Mohgisi and H. Reiter:Thin Solid Films, 1983, no. 108, p. 439.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Safi, H. Herman and K. Onu:Proceedings 9th International Thermal Spraying Conference, The Hague, 1980, pp. 129–132.Google Scholar
- 6.D.P. Almond, P. M. Patel,J. Mater. Sci., to be published.Google Scholar