Vertex function and coupling constant for the virtual decay of7Li
The alpha-triton relative wave function with various nucleon exchange contributions and their asymptotic normalization are considered in the framework of the generator coordinate method (GCM). The asymptotic normalization of relative wave function provide the estimate of the coupling constant. The relative wave function is also used to obtain7Li-α-t vertex function in the virtual decay of7Li. The extrapolation of vertex function for negative values ofq 2 up to the alpha-triton pole provide the vertex constant, which is compared with the experimentally determined estimates 0.67 FM and 0.72 FM. Our calculated value is 0.656 FM which is in close agreement with the above estimates.
KeywordsAlpha-triton relative wave function generator coordinate method asymptotic normalization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E I Dolinski, A M Mukhamedshanov and R Yarmukhamodov,Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR; Phys. Ser. (USA)43, 140 (1979)Google Scholar
- V K Sharma,Developments of nuclear cluster dynamics edited by Y Akaishi, K Kato, H Noto and S Okabe (Singapore, World Scientific, 1989) p. 50Google Scholar
- A Ono, H Horiuchi, P Maruyama and A Ohnishi,Phys. Rev. Lett. 68, 2898;Prog. Theor. Phys. 87, 1185 (1992);Phys. Rev. C47, 2652 (1993)Google Scholar
- D M Brink, InProc of Int. School of Physics, “Enrico Fermi” Course 36, edited by Bloch C. (New York, Academic Press, 1966) p. 247Google Scholar
- V K Sharma, Physical Interpretation of Generator Coordinate Method, inV Int. Conf. on clustering aspects in nuclear and subuclear systems, Kyoto, Japan, July 28–29, 1988 contributed paper, p. 320Google Scholar
- A Arima,Clustering aspects of nuclear structure, edited by J S Lilley and M A Nagarajan (Reidel D. Publishing Company, Holland, 1985) p. 394Google Scholar
- M Abramowitz and I A Stegun,Handbook of mathematical functions (Dover, New York, 1965)Google Scholar