The real-time image processing technique based on DSP
- 213 Downloads
This paper proposes a novel real-time image processing technique based on digital singnal processor (DSP). At the aspect of wavelet transform(WT) algorithm, the technique uses algorithm of second generation wavelet transform-lifting scheme WT that has low calculation complexity property for the 2-D image data processing. Since the processing effect of lifting scheme WT for 1-D data is better than the effect of it for 2-D data obviously, this paper proposes a reformative processing method: Transform 2-D image data to 1-D data sequence by linearization method, then process the 1-D data sequence by algorithm of lifting scheme WT. The method changes the image convolution mode, which based on the cross filtering of rows and colums. At the aspect of hardware realization, the technique optimizes the program structure of DSP to exert the operation power with the in-chip memorizer of DSP. The experiment results show that the real-time image processing technique proposed in this paper can meet the real-time requirement of video-image transmitting in the video surveillance system of electric power. So the technique is a feasible and efficient DSP solution.
Key wordsDSP lifting scheme linearization structure optimized design video surveillance system of electric power
CLC numberTP 391. 41
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barlaud M. Wavelets in Image Communication.Elsevier Science, 1994,40(3):20.Google Scholar
- Yang S.Performance Analysis from Rate Distortion Theory of Wavelet Domain Vector Quantization Encoding. Texas: Texas: Texas Tech University, 2002. 15.Google Scholar
- Marr D.A Computational Investigation into the Human Representation and Processing of Visual Information. San Francisco, Calif: W H Freeman and Company, 1982. 45.Google Scholar
- Sweldens W.A Construction of Second Generation Wavelets. South Carolina: University of South Carolina, 1995.Google Scholar
- Sweldens W. The Lifting Scheme: a New Philosophy in biorthogonal Wavelet Constructions.Wavelet Applications in Signal and Image Processing IIIProc SPIE, 1995,2569: 68–79.Google Scholar
- Zhang, Xing-wei.Principle and Application of the DSP Chip. Beijing: Electric Industry Press, 2000.Google Scholar
- Ranchin T, Wald L. Efficient Data Fusion Using Wavelets Transform.The Case of SPOT Satellite Images SPIE Mathematical Imaging, 1993,2034: 171–176.Google Scholar