Methods and effects of Hongshan cock spermatozoa cryopreservation
- 39 Downloads
The survival rates, acrosomic integrity rates of frozen semen from Hongshan cock and fertilities of the frozen-thawed spermatozoa in both pellets and straws were studied. The result shows that the average survival rate of spermatozoa in straws was 0.451±0.056, and 0.390±0.040 in pellets, the former was significantly higher than the later (n=20,p<0.01). The average acrosomic integrity rate of the sperms was 0.613±0.049 in straws, and 0.476±0.057 in pellets. The former was significantly higher than the later (n=20,p<0.05). The fertility rates (%) of sperms in pellets, straws and freshly collected semen, at the third day after artificial insemination (AI) were 85.32±2.32, 87.73±1.00 and 90.77±1.68, respectively. The fertility rates of the three type of semen at the fourth and fifth days were lower than the third day’s. Variance analysis shows that the fertilities of the spermatozoa in pellets and straws were significantly lower than freshly collected semen (n=3,p<0.01), and the fertilities of the spermatozoa in straws were significantly higher than those in pellets (n=3,p<0.01).
Key wordsHongshan cock spermatozoa cryopreservation fertilities
CLC numberQ 492. 6
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Xu Guifang, Chen Kuanwei.Photograph Album of China Indigenous Poultry Breeds [M]. Beijing: China Agricultural Press, 2003 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Curry M R. Cryopreservation of Semen from Domestic Live-stock [J].Methods Mol Biol, 1995,38: 189–197.Google Scholar
- Long J A, Kulkorni G. An Effective Method for Improving the Fertility of Glycerol-Exposed Poultry Semen [J].Poul Sci, 2004,83(9): 1594–1601.Google Scholar
- van Voorst A, Leenstra F R. Fertility Rate of Daily Collected and Cryopreserved Fowl Semen [J].Poul Sci, 1995,74, (1): 136–140.Google Scholar
- Sexton T J, Fewlass T A. Effect of the Diluent Components on the Fertilizing Capacity of Chicken Semen Stored at 5 °C [J].Poult Sci, 1978,57(1): 277–284.Google Scholar
- Wang Yuanxing, Lang Jiejin.Reproduction in Animals [M]. 2nd ed. Nanjing: Jiangsu Scientific and Technological Press, 1997 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Zhang Yiling.Student Experimental Guidance for Reproduction in Livestocks [M]. Bijing: China Agricultural Press, 1991 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Du Rongqian.Biostatistics [M]. Beijing: High Educational Press, 2nd ed, 2003 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Tselutin K, Seigneurin F, Blesbois E. Comparison of Cryoprotectants and Methods of Cryopreservation of Fowl Spermatozoa [J].Poul Sci, 1999,78(4): 586–590.Google Scholar