A heuristic clustering algorithm for intrusion detection based on information entropy
This paper studied on the clustering problem for intrusion detection with the theory of information entropy, it was put forward that the clustering problem for exact intrusion detection based on information entropy is NP-complete, therefore, the heuristic algorithm to solve the clustering problem for intrusion detection was designed, this algorithm has the characteristic of incremental development, it can deal with the database with large connection records from the internet.
Key wordsintrusion detection data mining clustering information entropy
CLC numberTP 393
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Klaus J. Data Mining for Intrusion Detection [C]//Proceedings of the Eighth ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publisher, 2002:366–375.Google Scholar
- Portnoy L, Eskin E, Stolfo S J. Intrusion, Detection with Unlabeled Data Using Clustering [C]//Proceedings of the ACM CCS Workshop on Data Mining for Security Applications. New York: ACM Press, 2001.Google Scholar
- Han J, Kamber M.Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques [M]. New York: Morgan Kaufmann Publisher, 2000.Google Scholar
- Allen J, Christie A, Fithen W,et al. State of the Practice of Intrusion Detection Technologies [R/OL] [2000-12-18].http: //www.sei.cmu.edu/pub/documents/99. reports/pdf/99tr028.pdf Google Scholar
- Ganti V, Gehrke J, Ramakrishnan R. CACTUS—Clustering Categorical Data Using Summaries [C]//5th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery in Databases (SICKDD). New York: ACM Press. 1999: 73–83.Google Scholar
- Dolnicar S, Leisch F, Weigessel A,et al. A Comparison of Several Cluster Algorithms on Artificial Binary Data Scenarios from Travel Market Segmentation [C]//Proceedings of the SIGMOD Workshop on Research Issues on Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery. New York: ACM Press, 1997.Google Scholar
- Wenke Lee, Dong Xiang.Information Theoretic Measures for Anomaly Detection [D]. Raleigh: Computer Science Department, North Carolina State University, 2000.Google Scholar
- Garey M, Johnson D.A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness [M]. New York: Freeman W H, 1979.Google Scholar