Design and implementation of FAQ automatic return system based on similarity computation
- 36 Downloads
FAQ (frequently asked question) is widely used on the Internet, but most FAQ's asking and answering are not automatic. This paper introduces the design and implementation of a FAQ automatic return system based on semantic similarity computation, including computation model choosing, FAQ characters analyzing, FAQ data formal expressing, feature vector indexing, and weight computing and so on. According to FAQ features of sentence length short, two mapping, strong domain characteristics etc. Vector Space Model with special semantic process was selected in system, and corresponding algorithm of similarity computation was proposed too. Experiment shows that the system has a good performance for high frequent and common questions.
Key wordsFAQ VSM similarity computation information retrieval
CLC numberTP 391.1
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Yang Y, Pedersen J O. A Comparative Study on Feature Selection in Text Categorization.Proceedings of the Fourteenth International Conference on Machine Learning. San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann, 1997. 412–420.Google Scholar
- David D L. Feature Selection and Feature Extraction for Text Categorization.Proceedings of Speech and Natural Language Workshop, San Francisco: Morgan Kaufmann, 1992. 212–217.Google Scholar
- Wang J C, Pan J G, Zhang F Y. Research on Web Text Mining.Journal of Computer Research and Development, 2000,37(5):514–516 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Pang J F, Bu D B, Bai S. Research and Implementation of Text Categorization System Based on VSM.Application Research of Computers, 2001, (9):23–26 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Zheng Z. Developing a Web-Based Question Answering System.Proceedings of The Eleventh World Wide WWW Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2002.Google Scholar