Aerosol aspiration into a tube from a calm medium
- 28 Downloads
The problem of aerosol aspiration into a thin-walled tube from a calm medium is solved. The dependence of the aspiration coefficient on the Stokes number and the steady-state settling velocity is investigated. The results obtained are compared with the calculations [1, 2] and the experimental formula .
KeywordsSettling Velocity Aerosol Sampling Stokes Number Tube Entrance Aerosol Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. K. Agarwal and B. Y. H. Liu, “A criterion for accurate aerosol sampling in calm air,”Amer. Industr. Hyd. Assoc. Journal,41, No. 3, 191 (1980).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Grinshpun, K. Willeke, and S. Kalatoor, “A general equation for aerosol aspiration by thin-walled sampling probes in calm and moving air,”Atmosph. Environm.,27A, No. 9, 1459 (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Vincent,Aerosol Sampling-Science and Practice, Wiley, Chichester, UK (1989).Google Scholar
- 5.V. M. Voloshchuk,Introduction to Coarse-Aerosol Hydrodynamics [in Russian], Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad (1971).Google Scholar
- 6.S. J. Dunnett and D. B. Ingham,The Mathematics of Blunt Body Sampling, Lecture Notes in Engineering, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.S. P. Belyaev and V. T. Kustov, “Aerosol sampling from a calm medium,”Trudy Inst. Experim. Meteorol.,25(93), 102 (1980).Google Scholar
- 8.G. N. Lipatov, S. A. Grinshpun, and G. L. Shingarev, “Aerosol sampling from a calm medium into a vertical cylindrical sampler,”Meteorol. Gidrogeol., No. 2, 99 (1985).Google Scholar
- 9.L. M. Zigangareeva and O. M. Kiselev, “On separationless flow past a body of revolution with simultaneous fluid suction and injection,”Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk. Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 5 (1999).Google Scholar
- 10.M. I. Gurevich,Inviscid-Fluid Jet Theory [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 11.Sh. Kh. Zaripov, “Calculation of aerosol particle trajectories in the velocity hodograph plane,”Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 3, 129 (1994).Google Scholar
- 12.Sh. Kh. Zaripov and O. M. Kiselev, “On aerosol aspiration into an aperture between two planes,”Izv. Ross. Akad. Nauk, Fiz. Atmos. Okeana,32, No. 4, 487 (1996).Google Scholar