Experimental study on the mechanism of protective effect of free fu on gut-derived endotoxin-mediated lung damage
- 22 Downloads
The effect of tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α) on endotoxin (ET)-mediated lung damage caused by incomplete ligation of large intestine and the influence of free Fu on the expression of TNF-α mRNA were explored. Forty SD rats were randomly divided into 4 groups: normal control group, model group, ligation group and treatment group (n=10 in each group). The models were made by the method of partly ligating the rectum outside the body. The plasma level of lipopolysaccaride was measured by dynamic nephelo metric method and the serum level of TNF-α was detected by the method of radioactive immunity. The expression of TNF-α mRNA in lung tissue was detected by RT-PCR method. The results were compared among the 4 groups. The results showed the plasma levels of ET and serum TNF-α in the model group and the expression of TNF-α mRNA in the lung tissues were remarkably higher than those in the normal control group (P<0.01). After the treatment of free Fu, all of the above indexes in the treatment group were all decreased as compared with model group (allP<0.01), and the damage to lung was alleviated. It was concluded that TNF-α might play a very important role in the ET-mediated lung damage caused by incomplete ligation of large intestine, free Fu could protect the lung from damage.
Key wordsendotoxin tumor necrosis factor-α the interior and exterior relationship between the lung and the large intestine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Thijis L G, Hack C E. Role of the complement casdade in severe sepsis. Clin Int Care, 1995,6:581Google Scholar
- 2.Yang X Y. Prevention and treatment of critical diseases by Dahuang. Chin J Integr Tradi West Med Inten Crit Care (Chinese), 2000,7(8):10Google Scholar
- 3.Chen D C, Jing B W, Yang X Y et al. Protective effect of rhubarb on barrier of intestinal mucosa: study of mechanism. Chin Crit Care Med (Chinese), 1996,8 (8):449Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang Q, Xu J C, Mao B L et al. Studies on the expression of tumor necrosis factor-α and interleukin-6 mRNA and the activity of nuclear factor in acute lung injury induced by lipopolysaccaride. Chin Crit Care Med (Chinese), 2001,13(9):523Google Scholar
- 7.Yao Y M. Effect of recombinant bactericidac/perme ability-increasing protein on pulmonary cytokine mRNA expression in rats following horrhage and resuccitation. Chin J of Surg (Chinese), 1997,35:389Google Scholar
- 8.Wang J D. 90's multiple organ dysfunction syndrome: SIRS and MODS (Chinese). Chin Crit Care Med, 1995,7(6):324Google Scholar