A method to recognize caption area in MPEG compressed video
- 24 Downloads
An efficient method to recognize caption area in MPEG compressed video was presented, by making use of the contrast of I-frame to distinguish caption area with background. We define texture energy, intensity of boundary, distance of background, and texture correlation to recognize caption area and caption frame. The benefit of only analyzing I-frame is that we can make use of DCT coefficients directly without losing information. We have experimented with our algorithm, and the result of experiment indicates that the performance of the algorithm is efficient.
Key wordscaption texture MPEG
CLC numberTP 311.5
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Li H, Doermann D, Kia O. Automatic Text Detection and Tracking in Digital Video.IEEE Trans on Image Processing, 2000,9(1): 117–156.Google Scholar
- Jain A K, Yu B. Automatic Text Location in Images and Video Frames.Proc of International Conf on Pattern Recognition, 1998,1: 1497–1499.Google Scholar
- Li H, Doermann D. Automatic Identification of Text in Digital Key Frames.Proc of the 14 th International Conf on Pattern Recognition, 2000,1: 618–620.Google Scholar
- Lienhart R, Stuber F. Automatic Text Recognition in Digital Video.Proc of SPIE in Image and Video Processing, 1997,2666: 180–188.Google Scholar
- Lienhart R. Comparison of Automatic Shot Boundary Detection Algorithms.Proc of SPIE in Image and Video Processing, 1999,3656: 29.Google Scholar
- Wernicke A, Lienhart R. On the Segmentation of Text in Videos.IEEE International Conf on Multimedia and Expo, 2000,3: 1511–1514.Google Scholar
- Lim Y K, Choi S H, Lee S W. Text Extraction in MPEG Compressed Video for Content Based Indexing.Proc of the 15th International Conf on Pattern Recognition, 2000,4: 109–112.Google Scholar
- Zhang Y, Chua T S. Detection of Text Captions in Compressed Domain Video.Proc of ACM International Conf on Multimedia, 2000,1: 201–204.Google Scholar