Synthesis of novel covalent-linked linear porphyrin-thiophene copolymers
- 116 Downloads
Linear porphyrin-thiophene copolymers were synthesized by linking 5, 15-positions of porphyrin with tetrathiophene or bithiophene moieties for preparing conducting polymer. 2,8,12,18-tetraethyl-3,7,13,17-tetramethyl-5, 15-dithienylporphyrin4a (45.1%), 5, 15-di-bithienyl- 2,8,12,18-tetraethyl-3, 7, 13, 17-tetramethylporphyrin4b (61. 2%) and their metal complexes were also reported in high yields (>90%) as the monomers. 5, 15-di-bithienylporphyrin and its metal complexes could be polymerized by oxidation using FeCl3 as oxidant. However, 5,15-dithienylporphyrin and its metal complexes can not be polymerized by same reaction. Their polymers were synthesized by electrochemical oxidation on the gold-plate electrode. The structures of copolymers were identified by elemental analysis and IR spectra. And the conductivity of poly 5,15-di-bithienylporphyrin was measured to reach over 1.0× 10−6S/cm.
Key wordsorganic conductor thienylporphyrin porphyrin-thiophene copolymer electropolymerization
CLC numberO 62
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Skotheim T A.Handbook of Conducting Polymers, Vol. 1. New York: Dekker Marcel, 1986, 293.Google Scholar
- Shimidzu T, Segawa H, Wu F P,et al. Approaches to Conducting Polymer Devices with Nanostructures: Photoelectrochemical Function of One-Dimensional and Two-Dimensional Porphyrin Polymers with Oligothienyl Molecular Wire.Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry, 1995,92:121–127.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Chen Zhang-ping, Duanmu Chuan-song, He Xiao-ping,et al. Synthesis of New Thiophenylporphyrins and Characterization of Their Fluorescent Spectrum Properties.J Wuhan Univ (Nat Sci Ed), 2002,48(4):430–434 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Johnson A W, Markham E, Price R,et al. The Synthesis of Tri-and Tetra-Alkylpyrroles.J Chem Soc, 1958, 4254–4257.Google Scholar
- Chen L J, Ma J S, Improved Preparations of Symmetric Porphyrins.OPPI, 1995,27:224–228.Google Scholar
- Chen Qing-qi, Wang Chang-qi, Cheng Ling-jiang,et al. Synthesis and Intramolecular Hydragen Bonding of Symmetric Dipyrrylmehanes.Chemcal Journal of Chinese Universities, 1995,16:725–729 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Smith M K.Porphyrins and Metalloporphyrins. New York: Elsevier/North-Holland Biomedical Press, 1976.Google Scholar
- Segawa H, Nakayama N, Shimidzu T. Electrochemical Synthesis of One-dimensional Donor-Acceptor Polymers Containing Oligothiophenes and Phosphorus Porphyrins.J Chem Soc Chem Commun, 1992, 784–786.Google Scholar