Assessing the carrying capacity of tourist resorts: An application of tourists' spatial behavior simulator based on GIS and multi-agent system
- 207 Downloads
Based on the study of visitors' individual spatial behaviors, a tourists' spatial behavior simulator (TSBS) to assess the carrying capacity of tourist resorts was developed, TSBS employs GIS (Geographic Information System) to manage the spatial data, and Multi-Agent system to simulate the actions of individual visitors. By utilizing TSBS, visitors' travel patterns such as location, cost, and state can be analyzed and predicted. Based on this analysis and prediction, the model of assessing the carrying capacity of resorts is built. Our results show that TSBS will be an effective tool to accurately assess the carrying capacity of tourist resorts.
Key wordstourist resort carrying capacity TSBS GIS Multi-Agent simulator
CLC numberTP 391, 9 F 590, 1
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- National Bureau of Statistics of China (NBSC). The Bulletin of the Travel Information in Oct 1 Golden Week Holiday.http://www. csonline. com. cn/news/caijing/t20041009_ 245105. htm. Oct, 2004 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Manning R.Studies in Outdoor Recreation, Corvallis: Oregon State University Press, 1999.Google Scholar
- Mathieson A, Wall G.Tourism: Economic, Physical and Social Impacts. New York: Longman, 1982.Google Scholar
- Dai Xue-jun, Ding Deng-shan, Lin Chen. Research on Tourist Carrying Capacity of Sustainable Tourism.Human Geography, 2002,17(6): 32–36 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Zhao Hua-ci, Huang Sha-bai. Modeling and Simulation of Salvage System Based on Multi-Agent.Computer Engineering and Application, 2002,38(20): 41–43 (Ch).Google Scholar