HPLC determination of ascorbic acid using luminol-Cu (II) chemiluminescence-application to the analysis of Juice beverage
- 70 Downloads
The chemiluminescence (CL) of luminol-Cu (II) was applied to HPLC determination of ascorbic acid, which was separated by a C18 reverse-phase column with a mobile phase of 0.25 mol/L HAc. The eluted ascorbic acid was mixed with 0.3 mmol/L luminol and 0.05 mol/L CuSO4. The light emission from the reaction of Cu(II) oxidized ascorbic acid and luminol was detected by a modified luminometer. The detection limit was 3.6×10−6 mol/L for ascorbic acid at aS/N ratio of 3, and the linear calibration range was 2×10−4–2×10−3 mol/L. The relative standard deviation for 5 replicate injections of 1×10−3 mol/L ascorbic acid was calculated as 4.3%. The method was successfully applied to determination of ascorbic acid in juice beverage.
Key wordsascorbic acid chemiluminescence luminol HPLC beverage
CLC numberO 657.3
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Feng Man-liang, Lu Jiu-ru, Zhang Xiao-yan,et al. Flow Injection Analysis Chemiluminescence for the Determination Trace Amount of Ascorbic Acid.Anal Chem, 1996,24: 1364 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Wang Lun, Zhu Chang-qing, Yang Geng,et al. Chemiluminescence Determination of Ascorbic Acid with Ce (IV)-rhodamine and its application.Anal Chem, 1995,23: 83(Ch).Google Scholar
- Gao Hua, He Zhi-ke Luo Qing-yao,et al. Study on the Chemiluminescence System of Cerium (IV)-ascorbic Acid Ru (bipy)2+ and Its Application.Anal Chem, 1996,24: 1363 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Feng Man-liang, Lu Jiu-ru, Zhang Zhu-jun,et al. Chemiluminescence Determination of Ascorbic Acid with Copper (II)-luminol System.Anal Chem, 1995,23: 70(Ch).Google Scholar
- Wang Yu-jun, Li Lie-ying, Sun Yong-le,et al. Study on the Determination of Organic Acid in Rice Wine by High Performance Liquid Chromatography.Chromatography, 1991,9: 271 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Ding Hai-biao, Zhang Sheng-hua. Measuring L-ascorbic Acid in Organic Juice by Reversed-phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography.Chromatography, 1993,11: 174 (Ch).Google Scholar