When isf(x1, x2, ..., xn) =u 1(x1) +u 2(x2) + ... +u n(xn)?
- 36 Downloads
We discuss subsetsS of ℝn such that every real valued functionf onS is of the formf(x1, x2, ..., xn) =u 1(x1) +u 2(x2) +...+u n(xn), and the related concepts and situations in analysis.
KeywordsGood set sequentially good set linked component sequentially good measure simplicial measure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abhyankar S S, Hilbert’s 13th problem (preprint)Google Scholar
- Arnold VI and Shimura G, Superposition of algebraic functions, mathematical developements arising from Hilbert problems,Proc. Symposia in Pure Mathematics, Am. Math. Soc.XXVIII(1) (1976) 45–46Google Scholar
- Beneš V and Štěpán J, The support of extremal probability measures with given marginals, in: Mathematical Statistics and Probability Theory (Eds) M L Puriet al (D. Reidel Publishing Company) (1987) vol. A, pp. 33–41Google Scholar
- Beneš V and Štěpán J, Extremal solutions in the marginal problem, in: Advances in probability distributions with given marginals (Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers) (1991) pp. 189–207Google Scholar
- Štěpán J, Simplicial measures and sets of uniqueness in the marginal problem, in: Statistics and decision (München: R. Oldenbourg Verlag) (1993) vol. 11, pp. 289–299Google Scholar
© Indian Academy of Sciences 2003