A novel video data-source authentication model based on digital watermarking and MAC in multicast
- 36 Downloads
A novel video data authentication model based on digital video watermarking and MAC (message authentication code) in multicast protocol is proposed in this paper. The digital watermarking which composes of the MAC of the significant video content, the key and instant authentication data is embedded into the insignificant video component by the MLUT (modified look-up table) video watermarking technology. We explain a method that does not require storage of each data packet for a time, thus making receiver not vulnerable to DOS (denial of service) attack. So the video packets can be authenticated instantly without large volume buffer in the receivers. TESLA (timed efficient stream loss-tolerant authentication) does not explain how to select the suitable value ford, which is an important parameter in multicast source authentication. So we give a method to calculate the key disclosure delay (number of intervals). Simulation results show that the proposed algorithms improve the performance of data source authentication in multicast.
Key wordsvideo data authentication multicast MAC(message authentication code) digital watermarking MLUT (modified look-up table)
CLC numberTP 391.4
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Canetti R, Garay J, Itkis G,et al. Multicast Security: a Taxonomy and Some Efficient Constructions [C]//INFOCOMM'99. New York, March, 1999.Google Scholar
- Kruus P. Survey of Multicast Security Issues and Architectures [C]//21st National Information Systems Security Conf. Rlington, VA, October 5–8, 1998.Google Scholar
- Perrig A, Canetti R, Briscoe B,et al. TESLA: Multicast Source Authentication Transform [EB/OL]. [2000-12-25], July 2000.http://www/.ielf.org/mail-archive/web/ielfannounce/Current/insg00754.html. Google Scholar
- Langelaar G C.Real-Time Watermarking Techniques for Compressed Video Data: [Ph. D. dissertation]. Delft, Netherlands: Delft University of Technology, 2000.Google Scholar
- Wu M, Liu B. Watermarking for Image Authentication [J].ICIP, 1998,(2):437–441.Google Scholar
- Network lab. Network Simulator, Version 2. [2004-07],http://ns2.netlab.cse.yzu.edu.tw/.Google Scholar
- Royer E, Perkins C E. Multicast Operation of Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing Protocol [C]//Proceedings of ACM/IEEE International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom). Seattle, WA, August, 1999:201–218.Google Scholar