Efficient identity based signcryption scheme with public verifiability and forward security
- 35 Downloads
In this paper, we point out that Libert and Quisquater's signcryption scheme cannot provide public verifiability. Then we present a new identity based signcryption scheme using quadratic residue and pairings over elliptic curves. It combines the functionalities of both public verifiability and forward security at the same time. Under the Bilinear Diffie-Hellman and quadratic residue assumption, we describe the new scheme that is more secure and can be some-what more efficient than Libert and Quisquater's one.
Key wordssigncryption identity based public verifiability forward security
CLC numberTP 309
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Zheng Y. Signcryption and Its Application in Efficient Public Key Solution.ISW'97, LNCS 1397. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1998, 291–312.Google Scholar
- Bao F, Deng R H. A Signcryption Schme with Signature Directly Verifiable by Public Key.PKC'98, LNCS 1431. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1998, 55–59.Google Scholar
- Shamir A. Identity Based Cryptosystems and Signature Schemes.Advances in Cryptology Crypto'84, LNCS 0196. Berlin: Springer-Verlag, 1984, 47–53.Google Scholar
- Malone Lee J. Identity-Based Signcryption.Cryptology ePrint Archive. Report 2002/098.http://eprint.iacer. org/2002/98, July 2002.Google Scholar
- Libert B, Quisquater J J. New Identity Based Signcryption Based on Parings.Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2003/023.http://eprint.iacer.org, Feb 2003.Google Scholar
- Boneh D, Franklin M.Identity Based Encryption from the Weir Pâring, Advances in Cryptology-Crypto'01, LNCS 2139.Berlin:Springer-Verlag, 2001, 213–219.Google Scholar
- Hess F. Efficient Identity Based Signature Scheme Based on Pairing. Cryptology eprint archive, Report 2002/012. http://eprint.iacr.org/January 2002.Google Scholar
- Baek J, Ron S, Zheng Y.Formal Proofs for the Security Signcryption, PKC 2002,LNCS 2274.Berlin:Springer-Verlag, 2002, 80–98.Google Scholar