Extension of subjective logic for time-related trust
- 29 Downloads
To describe the dynamic property of trust relationship, we propose a time-related trust model and extend Jøsang's subjective logic to fit for time-related trust model. The extension includes propositional conjunction, disjunction and negation for traditional logic and discounting and consensus operators that are evidential operators specially designed for the propagation and computation of trust relationships. With the extension of subjective logic for time-related trust, our time-related trust model is suitable to model the dynamic trust relationship in practice. Finally an example of reputation assessment is offered to demonstrate the usage of our trust model.
Key wordstrust model time-related trust relationship time-related trust model subjective logic
CLC numberTP 393
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Beth T, Borcherding M, Klein B. Valuation of Trust in Open Networks.Proceedings of the European Symposium on Research in Computer Security. Brighton: Springer-Verlag, 1994. 3–18.Google Scholar
- Abdul-Rahman A, Halles S. A Distributed Trust Model.New Security Paradigms Workshop '97. New York: ACM Press, 1998. 48–60.Google Scholar
- Manchala D W. Trust Metrics, Models and Protocols for Electronic Commerce Transactions.18th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems. Amsterdam: IEEE Computer Society, 1998, 312–321.Google Scholar
- Jøsang A. Prospective for Modeling Trust in Information Security.Australasian Conference on Information Security and Privocy. Syndey: Springer-Verlag, 1997, 2–13.Google Scholar
- Jøsang A. A Subjective Metric of Authentication. ESORICS:European Symposium on Research in Computer Security, LNCS. London: Springer-Verlag, 1998, 329–344Google Scholar
- Huang C L, Hu H P, Wang Z Y. Modeling Time-Related Trust.Proceedings of the third International Conference on Grid and Cooperative Computing, http://grid.hust.edu. cn/gcc2004/, Oct 2004.Google Scholar
- Grandison T. Trust Management for Internet Applications [Ph. D. Thesis]. London: University of London, 2003.Google Scholar
- Li X, Ling L. A Reputation-Based Trust Model for Peer-to-Peere Commerce Communities.Proceedings of the 4th ACM Conference on Electronic Commerce. New York: ACM Press, 2003. 228–229.Google Scholar
- Jøsang A. Artificial Reasoning with Subjective Logic.http://www.cse. unsw.edu.au/~ksg/acw97/Paper/Josang.ps.gz, Dec 1997.Google Scholar