Analysis and application for integrity model on trusted platform
- 22 Downloads
To build a trusted platform based on Trusted Computing Platform Alliance (TCPA)'s recommendation, we analyze the integrity mechanism for such a PC platform in this paper. By combinning access control model with information flow model, we put forward a combined process-based lattice model to enforce security. This model creates a trust chain by which we can manage a series of processes from a core root of trust module to some other application modules. In the model, once the trust chain is created and managed correctly, the integrity of the computer's hardware and sofware has been mainfained, so does the confidentiality and authenticity. Moreover,a relevant implementation of the model is explained.
Key wordstrusted computing access control model information flow model trust chain integrity
CLC numberTP 302 TP 309
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Grawrock D. Building Trust and Privacy into Open PC Systems,http://www.intel.com/update/departments/initech, Nov 2000.Google Scholar
- The Trusted Computing Platform Alliance, TCPA Main Specification vl. 1b.http://www.trustedcomputing, org/home, Oct 2002.Google Scholar
- Manocha H. Protection: Bell-Lapadula Model,http://courses. cs. vt.edu/∼cs5204/fall99/protection/harsh/, May 2004.Google Scholar
- Denning D E. A Lattice Model of Secure Information Flow.Communications of the ACM. New York: ACM Press, 1976, 236–243.Google Scholar
- The Trusted Computing Platform Alliance. TCPA Design Philosophies & Concepts vl. 0.http://www.trustedcomputing. org/home, October, 2002.Google Scholar
- Abdul-Rahman A, Hailes S. A Distributed Trust Model.Proceedings ACM New Security Paradigms Workshop '97. New York: ACM Press, 1998, 48–60.Google Scholar
- Kagal L, Cost S, Finin T,et al. A Framework for Distributed Trust Management,Proceedings of the Second Workshop on Norms and Institutions in multiagent systems, Autonomous Agents 2001, Montreal, Canada, May 29, 2001.http://www. cs. umbc. edu/≈ finin/papers/nimas01/nimas01. pdf, Oct 2002.Google Scholar