Wetland ecosystem function assessment and the sustainable development in Jianghan plain-lake district of China
- 47 Downloads
Wetlands in Jianghan plain-lake district fulfill many uses and functions related to hydrology, waste assimilation, ecosystem productivity and bio-diversity. But human incorrect activities generally result in significant negative impacts on number, biodiversity, and functioning of wetlands. In order to put wetland resources to rational use and protect wetland ecological environment, some effective measures should be taken.
Key wordswetland function sustainable development Jianghan plain
CLC numberX 24
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Wang Xue-lei. Study on Flood and Waterlogging Disasters and Ecological Disaster Reducing Strategies in Jianghan Plain’s Lakes District.Journal of Central China Normal University, 1999,33 (4): 445–449 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Lei Sheng-long, Qiu Chuang-qi.Discharged Waterlogging Project. Wuhan: Hubei Science and Technology Press, 2000 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Hu Hong-xing.Studies on the Diversity and Conservation of Birds and Mammals in Hubei. Wuhan: Wuhan University Press, 1995 (Ch).Google Scholar
- Mitsch W J. Ecological Engineering: Approaches to Sustainability and Biodiversity in the US and China. In:Costanza, R. (Ed.),Ecological Economics: the Science and Management of Sustainability. NY: Columbia University Press, 1991. 428–448.Google Scholar
- Xu Mu-qi, Huang Yu-yao. Restoration and Reconstruction of the Damaged Ecosystem of Inland Waters.Acta Ecologica Sinica, 1998,18 (5): 547–558 (Ch).Google Scholar