Analysis of network performance for computer communication systems with benchmark
- 48 Downloads
This paper introduced a performance evaluating approach of computer communication system based on the simulation and measurement technology, and discussed its evaluating models. The result of our experiment showed that the outcome of practical measurement on Ether-LAN fitted in well with the theoretical analysis. The approach we presented can be used to define various kinds of artificially simulated load models conveiently, build all kinds of network application environments in a flexible way, and exert sufficiently the widely-used and high-precision features of the traditional simulation technology and the reality, reliability, adaptability features of measurement technology.
Key wordsperformance evaluation evaluating model artificially simulated load benchmark
CLC numberTP 302.7
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- WANG Xu-yi.Performance Evaluation of Computer System. Nanjing: Publishing House of Nanjing University, 1992(Ch).Google Scholar
- CAO Yang, CHEN Yong, TAO Shu. A Network Performance Evaluating Approach Based on the Simulation and Measurement Technology.Journal of Computer Science, 1999,22(2): 2(Ch).Google Scholar
- Deutsches Institut fuer Normung. Messung und Bewertung der Leistung von DV-Systemen, Entwurf DIN 66273 Teil 1, Maerz, 1990.Google Scholar
- Heatiey S, Stokesberry D. Analysis of Transport Measurements over a Local Area Network.IEEE Communications Magazine, June 1989.Google Scholar
- Gunnigberg P, Bjoerkman M. Applications Protocols and Performance Benchmarks.IEEE Communications Magazine, June 1989.Google Scholar