Chromosome G-banding in situ hybridization of RFLP marker umc58 linked with the gene hm1 dictatingHelminthosporium carbonum susceptibility1 in maize
- 32 Downloads
The technique of simultaneous G-banding and in situ hybridization has been developed in plants for the first time. Using this technique, RFLP marker umc58 closely linked with the hm1 gene dictatingHelminthosporium carbonum susceptibility1 was localized onto 1L3 (chromosome 1, long arm, the third band from the centromere to the end of the arm), 5L5 and 9L5. The results demonstrated that umc58 was a triplicated sequence. It was deduced that umc58 probably was in a duplicated region that includes a part ofHelminthosporium carbonum susceptibility genes (hm1 and hm2), as the hybridization sites of umc58 in chromosomes 1 and 9 were those at which the genes localize. The techniques of simultaneous G-banding and ISH in plants are discussed.
Key wordsIn situ hybridization chromosome G-banding maize RFLP markers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Drewry A. G-banded chromosomes inPinus resinosa.J Hered, 1982,73: 305–306Google Scholar
- 4.Richard F, Vogt N, Muleris M,et al. Increased FISH efficiency using APC probes genetrated by direct incorporation of labeled nucleotides by PCR.Cytogenet Cell Genet, 1994,65: 169–171Google Scholar
- 6.Ren N, Song Y C, Bi X Z,et al. The physical location of the maize cdc2 gene by in situ hybridization.J Wuhan Univ (Natural Science Edition), 1996,42 (6): 740–746 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Song Y C, Gustafson J P. The physical location of fourteen RFLP markers in rice (Oryza sativa L).Theor Appl Genet, 1995,90: 113–119Google Scholar
- 9.Coe E H. Gene list and working maps.Maize Genet. Coop Newsl, 1993,67: 133–168Google Scholar
- 10.Dowty J, Helentjaris T. Duplicated RFLP loci are abundant in the genome.Maize Genet Coop Newsl, 1992,66: 106Google Scholar
- 11.Molina M C, Poggio L, Naranjo C A. Cytogenetic analysis of the hybridsZea mays ssp mays × Z mays ssp parviglumis andZ mays ssp mays × Z ssp mexicana.Maize Genet Coop News, 1992,66: 60Google Scholar
- 12.Heslop-Harrison J S. The molecular cytogenetics of plants.J Cell Sci, 1991,100: 15–21Google Scholar