Application of geodetic receivers to timing and time transfer
- 14 Downloads
Two methods for smoothing pseudorange observable by Carrier and Doppler are discussed. Then the procedure based on the RINEX observation files is tested using the Ashtech Z-XII3T geodetic receivers driven by a stable external frequency at UNSO. This paper proposes to adapt this procedure for the links between geodetic receivers, in order to take advantage of theP codes available onL 1 andL 2. This new procedure uses the 30-second RINEX observations files, the standard of the International GPS Service (IGS), and processes the ionosphere-free combination of the codesP 1 andP 2; the satellite positions are deduced from the IGS rapid orbits, available after two days.
Key WordsGPS time and frequency transfer geodesy smoothing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Allan D W, Weiss M (1980) Accurate time and frequency transfer during common-view of a GPS satellite, 1980 IEEE Frequency Control Symposium, Philadelphia, PA.Google Scholar
- 4.Lewandowski W, Azoubib J (1998) GPS+GLO-NASS: toward subnanosecond time transfer.GPS World, (11):30–39Google Scholar
- 5.Lewandowski W, Tourde R (1990) Sensitivity to the external temperature of some GPS time receivers. The 22nd Annual Precise Time and Time Interval (PTTI) Applications and Planning Meeting, Vienna, AV.Google Scholar
- 6.Lewandowski W, Petit C, Thomas C, et al. (1990) The use of precise ephemerides, ionospheric data and corrected antenna coordinates in a long-distance GPS time transfer. The 22nd Annual Precise Time and Time Interval (PTTI). Applications and Planning Meeting, Vienna, VA.Google Scholar
- 7.Lewandowski W, Azoubib J, Klepczynski W (1999) GPS: primary tool for time transfer.IEEE, (99): 431–434Google Scholar
- 11.Defraigne P, Petit G (2001) Proposal to use geodetic-type receivers for time transfer using the CGGTTS format. BIPM Time Section Technical Memorandum, (TM) 110.Google Scholar
- 12.Defraigne P, Bruyninx C, Clarke J, et al. (2001) Time transfer to TAI with geodetic receivers. Symposium of EFTF, Neuchatel.Google Scholar
- 13.Chao Y C (1997) Real time implementation of the wide area augmentation system for the global positioning system with an emphasis on ionospheric modeling: [Ph. D dissertation]. San Francisco: Sanford University.Google Scholar
- 14.Cheng P F (1998) Investigation on the establishment of DGPS services in China: [Ph. D dissertation]. Graz: Technical University Graz.Google Scholar
- 15.Levine J (1999) Time transfer using multi-channel GPS receivers.IEEE Trans. UFFC, 46(2):392–398Google Scholar
- 17.Azoubib J, Lewandowski W (1998) CGGTTS GPS/GLONASS data format Version 02. The 7th CGGTTS Meeting, Reston, Virginia.Google Scholar