An integrated and layered architecture for location-aware computing
- 10 Downloads
This paper gives an overall introduction to the basic concept of LAC (location-aware computing) and its development status, puts forward an integrated location-aware computing architecture which is useful for designing the reasonable logical model of LBS(location-based service). Finally, a brief introduction is conducted on a LAC experimental prototype, which acts as a mobile urban tourism assistant.
Key Wordsspatial information service location-aware computing location-based service
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Li D R, Li Q Q (2002) Integrated application of spatial information and mobile communication. Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University, 27(1): 1–7 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 2.Deshmukh S (2003) LORE: An infrastructure to support location-aware services. http://www.research. ibm.com/journal/rd/485/chen.html.Google Scholar
- 3.Beadle H W P, Harper B (1997) Location aware, mobile computing. IEEE/IEE International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT97), Melbourne.Google Scholar
- 4.Zarikas V, Papatzanis G (2000). An architecture for a self-adapting information system for tourists. http:// www.cs.concordia.ca/≈seffah/ihm2001/papers/ zarikas.pdf.Google Scholar
- 5.Wang Y K, Lin Y H (2000) Location aware information agent over WAP.Tamkang Journal of Science and Engineering, 3(2):107–115Google Scholar
- 6.Dale R, Geldof S, Prost J P (2003) Using natural language generation for navigational assistance. http:// www.mri.mq.edu.au/≈rdale/publications/papers/ 2003/DaleGeldofProst.pdf.Google Scholar