Management of spatio-temporal data of Cadastral Information System in China
Cadastral Information System (CIS) is designed for the office automation of cadastral management. With the development of the market economics in China, cadastral management is facing many new problems. The most crucial one is the temporal problem in cadastral management. That is, CIS must consider both spatial data and temporal data. This paper reviews the situation of the current CIS and provides a method to manage the spatiotemporal data of CIS, and takes the CIS for Guangdong Province as an example to explain how to realize it in practice.
Key wordsCIS spatial data non-spatial data temporal information spatio-temporal data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Du H P, Shan C F, Li X L. Theory and practice of modern cadastre”. Haitian Publisher, 1999Google Scholar
- 2.Hunter G J, Williamson I P. The development of a historical digital cadastral database.Int. Journal of Geographical Information Systems, 1998, 2Google Scholar
- 3.Yuan M. Temporal GIS and spatio-temporal modeling. Iillustrated [CD-ROM]. The National Center for Geographic Information and Analysis, 1996Google Scholar
- 4.Chrisman N R. Beyond spatio-temporal data models: a model of GIS as a technology embedded in historical context. In:Proc. of Auto-Carto 11, Minneapolis, 1993Google Scholar
- 5.Abraham T, Roddick J F. Discovering meta-rules in mining temporal and spatio-temporal data. In:Proc. of the 8th International Database Workshop. Hong Kong, 1997Google Scholar