The study on automatic registration of InSAR images
- 18 Downloads
Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar (InSAR) allows production of high resolution DEM and detection of small earth motions using multiple pass SAR data sets obtained by remote sensing satellite. But the whole process has not yet reached sufficient robustness to warrant automated DEM production as commonly produced by stereovision with optical images. The automatic algorithm for precision registration is one of the bottlenecks in InSAR data processing. In this paper, an automatic approach with multi-step image matching algorithm is presented. All procedures are automatically implemented. The experiment is carried out successfully with SIR-C/L-band InSAR data. The triangular piecewise rectification is also advanced in reducing local distortion between the images and processing the large scene image. The primary result has prospect in the precision registration for the repeat-track InSAR data and reveals the potential of the presented automatic strategy.
Key wordsinterferometry radar registration image matching
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zebker H S, Goldstein R M. Topographic mapping from interferometric synthetic aperture radar observations.J. Geophys. Res., 1989, 91(B5): 4 993–4 999Google Scholar
- 3.Lin Q, Vesecky J F. Registration of interferometric SAR images. In:Proceedings of IGARSS'92 1992. 1 579–1 581Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang Z,et al. Image matching by bridge mode based on dynamic programming.Int. Arch. of ISPRS, Wuhan, China, 1990, 28(3/2): 1 106–1 120Google Scholar
- 5.Wang Z Z. Principles of photogrammetry (with remote sensing). Beijing: Publishing House of Surveying and Mapping, 1990Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang Z,et al. Automatic precision registration of multiresolution remote sensing imagery.Journal of Wuhan Technical University of Surveying and Mapping, 1998, 23(4):320–323 (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang Z, Zhang J, Liao M, Zhang L. Automatic registration between SPOT and TM images. In:Proceedings of SPIE, 1998. 358–361Google Scholar
- 9.Trouve E, Nicolas J, Maitre H. Improving phase unwapping techniques by the use of local frequency estimates.IEEE Trans. on Geos. & RS., 1998, 36(6): 1 963–1 972.Google Scholar