Integrated bombardment andAgrobacterium transformation system: An alternative method for soybean transformation
- 263 Downloads
Described here is a new method for soybean transformation, based on microwounding of embryonic clumps by particle bombardment prior to inoculation with anAgrobacterium suspension. The method combines the advantages of somatic embryogenesis and gene transfer through an integrated transformation system. This is the first report of application of this technique to transformation ofGlycine max.
Key wordsAgrobacterium Glycine max particle bombardment somatic embryogenesis transformation
gene for hygromicin phosphotransferase
gene for β-glucuronidase with an intron
- Tween 20
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Bailey MA, Boerma HR and Parrott WA (1993) Genotype effects on proliferative embryogenesis and plant regeneration of soybean. In Vitro Cell Dev Biol 29P: 102–108.Google Scholar
- Brasileiro ACM, Aragão FJL, Rossi S, Dusi DMA, Barros LMG and Rech E (1996) Susceptibility of common and tepary beans toAgrobacterium spp. strains and improvement ofAgrobacterium-mediated transformation using microprojectile bombardment. J Amer Soc Hort Sci 121: 810–815.Google Scholar
- DeCleene M and DeLey J (1976) The host range of crown gall. Bot Gaz 42: 389–466.Google Scholar
- Droste A, Bodanese-Zanettini MH, Mundstock E and Hu CY (1994) Susceptibility of Brazilian soybean cultivars toAgrobacterium tumefaciens. Brazil Journal Genet 17: 83–88.Google Scholar
- Parrott WA, Hoffman LM, Hildebrand DF, Williams EG and Collins GB (1989) Recovery of primary transformants of soybean. Plant Cell Rep 7: 615–617.Google Scholar
- Tinland B and Hohn B (1995) Recombination between prokaryotic and eukaryotic DNA: Integration ofAgrobacterium tumefaciens T-DNA into the plant genome, pp. 209–229 In: Setlow JK (ed), Genetic Engineering, vol. 17, pp. 193–204. Plenum Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Townsend JA and Thomas LA (1993) An improved method ofAgrobacterium-mediated transformation of cultured soybean cells. Patent No. WO94/02620.Google Scholar
- Wright MS, Launis KL, Novitzky R, Duesiing JH and Harms CT (1991) A simple method for the recovery of multiple fertile plants from individual somatic embryos of soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill]. In vitro Cell Dev Biol 27P: 153–157.Google Scholar