Grain boundary effect on the electrical properties of boron-doped polysilicon films
- 155 Downloads
The effect of grain boundary width has been accounted for and a modified simple model of average carrier concentration is presented considering the transport mechanism of charge carriers by thermionic emission only. It is found that the electrical properties of polysilicon are very sensitive to doping concentration when the grain size is small and the effect of grain boundary width on electrical properties increases as the grain size decreases. The inclusion of grain boundary width in resistivity and mobility formulae also gives better results near the critical doping concentration. The proposed model gives better agreement between experimental data and theoretical results.
KeywordsGrain boundary electrical properties polysilicon films thermionic emission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Abo-Namous S A 1987Phys. Status Solidi A102 703Google Scholar
- Muller R S and Kamins T I 1977 inDevices electronics for integrated circuits (New York: Wiley) Chap. 1Google Scholar
- Samaj L 1987Phys. Status Solidi A100 157Google Scholar
- Sze S M 1981 inPhysics of semiconductor devices 2nd Ed (New York: Wiley) Chap. 1, 4, 8Google Scholar
- Upreti N K and Singh S 1987Proc. Solid State Phys. Symp. BARC, Bombay p. 423Google Scholar
- Wolf H F 1969 inSilicon semiconductor data (Oxford: Pergamon) Ch. 2Google Scholar