Possible studies on adhesion in space
- 27 Downloads
This paper reviews possible experiments on adhesion that can be carried out in a space lab environment. After introducing the basic concepts of adhesion physics, the proposed European experiment on surface energy measurement by dynamic methods in space environment is discussed and reviewed. It is concluded that as of now more studies on adhesion in terrestrial environment are desirable than space experiments.
KeywordsAdhesion surface energy space experiments
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adorni Net al 1979Proc. III European symp. on materials in space, Grenoble ESA-SP-Google Scholar
- Bowden F P and Rowe G W 1956Proc. R. Soc. (London) A239 429Google Scholar
- Gregg S J 1965Surface chemistry of solids (London: Chapman and Hall)Google Scholar
- Israelachivili and Tabor D 1972Progress in surface and membrane science, (ed) J F Danielli (Academic Press)5 121Google Scholar
- Love A E H 1944A treatise on the mathematical theory of elasticity (New York: Dover)Google Scholar
- Muller Krumbhaar H 1979 IFF Bulletin No 13 Kernforschungzentrum JulichGoogle Scholar
- Spiker I K and Barnes R 1970Aerospace adhesives and elastomers (California: Society of Aerospace Materials and Process Engineer)2 Google Scholar