Effect of flux content on thermoluminescence yield of BaS phosphors
- 28 Downloads
BaS phosphors doped with impurities like Cu and Bi were prepared by using NaCl as flux. Thermoluminescence of these samples prepared with different quantities of flux has been studied by exciting them at room temperature with x-rays. The amount of flux for a good thermoluminescence yield has been estimated between 25 to 30% by weight depending upon the type of phosphor.
KeywordsFlux thermoluminescence BaS phosphors
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Chakravarti A K, Mor S L and Ranade J D 1974Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 12 603 608Google Scholar
- Rao R P 1980 Studies on Thermoluminescence, Thermally Stimulated Conductivity, Dielectric Constant and related aspects of Polycrystalline BaS phosphors’ Ph.D. thesis I.I.T. Kharagpur.Google Scholar
- Rao R P and Rao D R 1981J. Mater. Sci. (in press).Google Scholar
- Razdan K N 1964Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 2 271Google Scholar
- Verma S K 1971Indian J. Pure Appl. Phys. 9 738Google Scholar