Exciton model analysis of alpha-induced reactions on manganese
- 27 Downloads
Excitation functions for the reactions55Mn(α, n)58Co,55Mn(α, 2n)57Co,55Mn(α,3n)56Co,55Mn(α,4n)55Co,55Mn(α, nα)54Mn+55Mn(α, 3n2p)54Mn,55Mn(α,3nα)52Mn have been measured in the energy range ≈(10÷60) MeV using stacked foil technique. Irradiations have been performed for two separate stacks with the alpha-particle beams of (59.96±0.54) MeV and (29.93±0.54) MeV, respectively. Ge(Li) gamma-ray spectroscopy has been used for analysis of irradiated samples. Excitation functions have also been calculated theoretically using two different computer codes,viz. ALICE/LIVERMORE-82 and ACT. Calculations using code ACT with the inclusion of pre-compound contribution based on exciton model agree well with the measured excitation functions, particularly in the high-energy region. Analysis of the data has indicated the preference for first chance neutron emission and interesting trend in pre-equilibrium fraction with energy has been observed.
PACS 25.603He- and4He-induced reactions and scattering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- E. Gadioli andE. Erba Gadioli:Nuclear Theory for Applications 1980 IAEA-SMR-68/1, (Vienna), p. 3.Google Scholar
- C. M. Lederer andV. S. Shirley:Table of Isotopes, VII edition (John Wiley, New York, N.Y., 1978).Google Scholar
- S. F. Mughabhab, M. Divadeenam andN. E. Holden:Neutron Cross-sections (Academic Press, New York, N.Y., 1981), Vol.1, Part A, p. 89.Google Scholar
- B. P. Singh: M. Phil. dissertation, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India, 1988 (unpublished).Google Scholar
- H. Gruppelaar, P. Nagel andP. E. Hodgson:Riv. Nuovo Cimento,9, No. 7 (1986). 0212 0223 VGoogle Scholar
- R. Bonetti: Milano University, private communication.Google Scholar
- M. Blann andJ. Bisplinghoff: ALICE/LIVEMORE-82, Report UCID-19614 (1982).Google Scholar
- H. D. Bhardwaj: Ph. D. Thesis, 1985, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India (unpublished).Google Scholar
- M. Uhl andB. Stromaier: Report IRK 76/01 NEA Data Bank (Cedex, France, 1981).Google Scholar
- R. Prasad andH. D. Bhardwaj: International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, Report IC/86/41, 1986.Google Scholar