Characteristics of helium fragments produced in16O emulsion interactions at 960 GeV
- 22 Downloads
We report the measurements on the partial production cross-section of helium fragments emitted in the interactions of 60A GeV16O ions with emulsion nuclei. The interaction mean free paths of helium fragments do not show any anomalous effect at any distance from their production point. The multiplicity distributions of secondaries are studied as a function of target components and size. The mean values of the produced shower particles from the interactions of helium beam with light and heavy targets are compared with the corresponding values predicted according to the wounded-nucleon and the collective-tube models.
PACS 29.40.RgNuclear emulsions
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. M. El-Sikafi: Ph. D. Thesis submitted to Faculty of Science, University of Cairo (1981).Google Scholar
- V. S. Barashenkov andV. D. Toneev:Interaction of High Energy Particles and Nuclei with Nuclei (Atomizdat, 1972).Google Scholar
- J. R. Florian et al.: report submitted toThe Meeting of the Division of Particles and Fields, Berkeley, California, 1973;J. R. Florian et al.: Phys. Rev. D,13, 558 (1976).Google Scholar
- B. Jakobsson andR. Kulberg:Cosmic Ray Physics, Report LUIP-CR-75-14 (1975).Google Scholar
- K. D. Tolostov: Totova, JINR PI, 8313, Dubna (1974).Google Scholar
- N. Rashid: Ph. D. Thesis, submitted to Faculty of Science, Cairo University (1988).Google Scholar
- O. E. Badawy et al.:Egypt J. Phys.,8, 1, 31 (1977).Google Scholar
- M. R. Eraky: M. Sc. Thesis, submitted to Faculty of Science, Cairo University (1988).Google Scholar
- GSI Scientific Report NA 35, Collaboration, G, B71 (1986).Google Scholar
- M. El-Nadi et al.: Proceedings of the Hadronic Session of the XXI International Rencontre de Moriond, Hadrons, Quarks and Gluons, March 15–21, 1987, Vol.2, p. 467.Google Scholar
- M. El-Nadi et al.: XXI International Rencontre de Moriond, Current Issues in Hadron Physics, March 13–19, 1988.Google Scholar